2018 – 2019 Grant Application – Greyhound Community Grants Fund.
The Greyhound Community Grants Fund extends financial support to non profits that provide quality programming in the areas of health, recreation and community events and festivals that benefit the community in the City of Greater Dandenong. Grants must be received by April 1, 2019 to be considered for the financial year of 2018 – 2019. The Committee will meet quarterly to review applications. Meetings will take place in the week commencing July 1, October 1, January 15 and April 1. The Secretary will respond to all applicants within a month after each quarterly meeting. Applicants are encouraged to apply before each quarterly meeting.
A non-profit organization with an established management structure whose programs benefit the community in the City Of Greater Dandenong in the areas of health, recreation or cultural awareness or a combination of these.
- Ensures that 100% of the grant funding is used for the purposes outlined in the grant request.
- Demonstrates additional financial support from sources other than the Greyhound Community Grants Fund.
- Has a record of outstanding service in effectively delivering programs and services to people in the City of Greater Dandenong or can show evidence of proposing to do this.
Information About Grants
The Greyhound Community Grants Fund typically issues grants in varying amounts from $250 up to $20,000.Organisations applying for funding are asked and encouraged to stay within these financial parameters.
- Organisations can only submit one request per calendar year.
- All successful applicants must report back to the Committee immediately after the event. A report document will be sent to all successful applicants.
- Any previous recipients of a grant must have completed and reported back on previous grants to be considered again in following years.
- Grant Applications must be received before 1 April 2019 to be considered.
- Applications for funding must be submitted via the online application form.
The Greyhound Community Fund DOES NOT FUND:
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Endowments or other reserve funds.
- Annual memberships or affiliation campaigns,conferences,symposiums,workshops,group trips or individual trips.
- Grants to individuals.
- Organizations that further political doctrine.
- Retrospective applications for projects already completed.
- Activities or costs that have already been funded from another source.
- Applications or services normally funded by State, Federal or Local Government.
- Applications from large professionally staffed community service agencies.
- Ongoing core activities of groups, such as regular football training for a football club or hall hire for regular seniors group meetings.
- Activities that are promoting a religious belief.
- Activities that are normally user pays, such as playing sport, music lessons etc.
- Commercial undertakings.
- On-going general running or maintenance expenses(eg.postage,telephone,electricity etc)
2018 -2019 GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Proposals are to be submitted via the online application form. PROPOSAL DEADLINE for 2018/2019 year: April 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed quarterly in the week commencing July 1, October 1, January 15 and April 1. The Secretary will respond to all applicants within a month of each quarterly meeting. Successful groups are expected to sign an agreement with the Greyhound Community Grants Fund Committee and will be expected to report back at the end of their project.Online Application